Hands in MOTION Hand Therapy Residency Program
We want YOU for the MOTION Hand Therapy Residency Program
At the end of our 12-month program, you will be able to:
- Complete a full evaluation and treatment plan for any upper extremity client
- Discuss a variety of specialized topics, demonstrating advanced clinical knowledge in upper extremity rehabilitation
- Present clinical cases to team members, demonstrating independent clinical problem-solving skills for upper extremity conditions
Months 1 – 6: Structured Coursework
Weekly didactic coursework with 2 one-hour long virtual meetings/lectures scheduled each week.
- Topics will include both clinical and administrative content
- Meetings are held virtually and on-site
- Follow up with recommended readings, continuing education offerings with ASHT or on Medbridge
Months 6 – 12: Supported Learning and Clinical Experiences
- Weekly 45-minute Hand Therapy “rounds” cohort seminar meetings with CHT Mentor/Facilitator
- Weekly co-treat sessions with CHT Mentor/Facilitator/ Senior Clinician
- Quarterly Hand Special Interest Group Journal Club Meeting
- Other Opportunities:
- Shadow with hand surgeon in their office
- Schedule to observe surgery
- Prepare presentations and lectures for boot camp sessions, journal clubs or best practice lectures
- Write blog for MOTION hand therapy web page
- Supervise Level 1 students
There will be a certificate awarded upon successful completion of the 12-month program.
This program will help prepare you for the CHT exam. MOTION hand therapists had a 100% pass rate in 2020!