- Adult Speech Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Diabetic Neuropathy Therapy
- Hand & Upper Extremity Center
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Pediatric Speech Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Work Injury Management
Improve relaxation, fitness, wellness and physical rehabilitation through MOTION PT Group’s effective aquatic therapy program. Exercising while in water helps improve range of motion and flexibility, without putting stress on the body. The Hydroworx® Therapy Pool is the ultimate pool for health and rehabilitation.
Hydroworx® combines the healing properties of water with powerful therapy jets, an underwater treadmill and a massage system. The results are decreased pain from arthritis and other chronic pain conditions, enhanced post-surgical recovery and relief from other conditions such as fibromyalgia and Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
After an illness, injury or surgery, a patient is more sensitive to pain. A patient’s movement may be limited and they may not be able to bear weight on the affected area. Patients can rapidly improve mobility, strength and function with the assistance of aquatic therapy. The buoyancy of water supports the body, provides assistance to movement and increases circulation.
MOTION PT Group follows a thorough evaluation and a plan that’s customized to meet the patient’s specific needs with the utmost care. Aquatic therapy is great for patients with a variety of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, and integumentary disorders or conditions. This treatment will help you get back to your daily routine, safer and easier.
Benefits of aquatic therapy include:
- Increased Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Decreased Swelling
- Increased Circulation
- Improved Muscle Strength and Tone
- Increased Cardiovascular Function and Endurance
- Increased Balance and Coordination
- Reduced Stress Treatment of Multiple Body Parts at the Same Time
- Buoyancy can reduce weight through joints, offering an alternate treatment for patients who can bear little to no weight.
- Immersion in warm water helps to reduce pain, increase circulation and promote relaxation.
- Resistance of the water can also aid with strengthening exercises.