Thousands of accidents occur in workplaces each year, many of which are very serious that cause injuries that require immediate medical attention and take a long time to heal and recover from. Being out of work can be a stressful time for you and your family, were you recently faced with a work injury that is putting you out of commission? At MOTION, we know the importance of getting you back on your feet and back to work as quickly as possible. Physical Therapists are able to provide long-term and immediate injury recovery.
Types of Work Injuries
Work injuries occur daily and can range from minor to severe injuries. Injuries require medical attention to prevent future injuries and recurring pain. Some examples of work injuries include a few of the following:
- Falling – For example slipping on a wet surface or falling off a ladder or platform. These injuries can be dangerous and cause severe injuries.
- Muscle Strains – Very common in the workplace and are caused by picking up a heavy item and can cause neck and back strains. These injuries can be easily avoided with proper techniques for lifting heavy items.
- Getting hit by falling objects – Often employees find themselves getting hit by objects that are not properly secured.
- Crashes/collisions – These frequently happen in a workplace and can include impact types of injuries that involve a car, forklifts, etc.
- Repetitive strain (RSI) injury – Caused by repetitive motion of joints. If left untreated, RSI can become a severe injury.
Work Injury Physical Therapy Treatments
Depending on the severity of your injuries, patients can be placed on leave from work for weeks or even months. At MOTION, our team of highly qualified therapists will work closely with you to provide you with the best treatment plan to return to your prior level of function.
- Pain Modulation – a procedure done to test the body’s pain inhibitory capabilities using a “pain inhibits pain” paradigm. This procedure induces a reduction in pain from another later stimulus.
- Manual Therapy – uses kneading, manipulation of muscles, joint mobilization, and manipulation to treat musculoskeletal pain and disability
- Exercise Therapy – a plan or course of action designed for specific goals that focus on the recovery of different functions at the site of injury, and/or supporting structures.
- Work Conditioning/Work Hardening – an individualized structured program that helps patients return to their life before the injury occurred. The target is to regain biomechanical, cardiovascular, metabolic, neuromuscular, and psychosocial functions.
- Functional Capacity Evaluation – a set of tests, practices, and observations that determine the ability to function in a variety of circumstances.
Work Injury Prevention Services
Although getting the proper treatment for your injuries is important, prevention of injuries is just as important. Learning proper injury prevention will help you in the future with preventing injuries, that way you can continue living your life injury and pain-free. At MOTION, we offer not one but multiple injury prevention services. Services include the following:
- Work Rehabilitation – Increase levels of function after an injury to maintain workers desired quality of life.
- Occupational Rehabilitation – prepare an injured worker to return to work activity level that is suitable for the workers’ functional and cognitive capacity.
- Workplace Ergonomics – designing a workplace that meets the worker’s capabilities and limitations caused by an injury.
- On-Site Treatment or Education Opportunities – learning about different ways to prevent injuries
How Motion PT Can Help
If you experienced any of the injuries mentioned above, schedule an appointment today at MOTION. We are a team of experts improving motion and mobility due to a work-related injury. Our leading physical therapists will get you the best treatment and services tailored just for you that will get you back to work and out of pain quickly and safely.